For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work. ~Doug Larson
So, the time seems to just fly by in the summer doesn't it? A friend commented to me this afternoon that she was still waiting for a Testimonial.....Ooops! My only excuse is that life got in the way. We had commitments both days this weekend, a work party for hubby last night and basically no free time. So I apologize for the mix up. There never seem to be enough hours in the day to accomplish everything that needs to be done. Between a job, cleaning the house, cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, exercise, yard work, and paying bills, there never seems to be enough time for the real things. To my friends/family with children, I bow to you as I can't even begin to imagine where your hours go to.
I can't even truly complain as hubby does his own laundry, does the dishes when I cook and vacuumed tonight while I made dinner. But, sometimes, in order to have a life, we let the grass grow a little too long, eat a lot of salads, and slack on the vacuuming. But then the hairballs from our two fuzzy tenants start to form a colony and there's no choice but to do all these other things that get in the way of a life.
So, if I had unlimited hours in a day (heck even one extra would be nice), here are some of the things I would do:
- Finish one of the 5 books I'm currently reading........I'm serious.
- Email all of the people I need to catch up with.
- Clean out my linen closet so I can finally find what I'm looking for on the first try (I didn't say all of my choices would be fun.)
- Download some new music on my iPod - anyone up for some recommendations?
- Chain myself to my computer until I had at least 3 new chapters complete on the book.
- Finish the scarf and blanket I started knitting this winter....before I forget how.
- Finish the family reunion scrap book that I started last fall.....anyone else seeing a pattern here?
- Sleep, pure, uninterrupted, blissful sleep......
- Go jet skiing with hubby one more time before fall gets here.
- Paint my nails.....after I find where the polish is hiding in the linen closet.
- Print some of my gazillion photos and actually frame one or two.
- Snuggle with one of my four footed friends.
What would you do with an extra hour, or two....or twenty four???