In honor of the Thanksgiving
holiday I thought I would take time to reflect on all of the things that I have to be thankful for. I'm always grateful for the really major things - plenty of food to eat, my health, and a roof over my head, but sometimes we need to focus on the small things as well. Some days we need to be reminded that it's the little things that can make life so special......
- The wonder of cell phones - being able to talk to my Mom today (4 hours away) just to catch up for a minute.
- Thankful for people who are always prepared - when I went to make the spaghetti for tonight's dinner, I realized that we were out. Someone (Hubby) had forgotten to inform someone else (Me) when they used the last box, but I digress. Thankfully Hubby was able to stop at his parent's on the way home to grab a box - one of the 9 that they apparently had on hand. Thank you!
- Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter - (sorry, not sure why the link isn't working.) Yes I know that I have
given upcut back on sugar, but this stuff is pure heaven. One spoonful can erase an entire day of horrible.
- A snuggling kitty....(or any pet). A couple of friends have lost pets this week, which makes me want to hug mine even more. Pets are family members, little people covered with fur and the most amazing friend you could ever have. If you have a pet, I hope you realize right now how lucky you are to have them.
- Traditions.....Yes we'll eat turkey and stuffing and way too many desserts. But one of the things I'm most excited (and thankful) for about Thanksgiving, is that Hubby and I will also go out to cut down our Christmas tree that same day. We wander out onto his uncle's property, scouting out the perfect tree (Okay, some years they've been Charlie Brown trees, but we love them just the same) and by Saturday we'll have it up, ready to be decorated. Speaking of traditions - we also have to have National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation playing in the background while we trim the tree. We like to quote from it, and often:
- Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
- Don't throw me down, Clark. I'll try not to, Aunt Bethany...
- You surprised to see us, Clark?
Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now.
Oh and last but not least.......Days off - I'm thankful that the day after Thanksgiving I can sleep in, have coffee in bed, snuggle with a kitty and reflect on all that I have to be thankful for......
What little things are you thankful for this week?
PS - Just an update to a previous blog - My MIL watched the cats while we were away this weekend and apparently one of my pumpkins found their way to the trash can. It's a sickness.....